Suffice it to say I am glad this weekend is over. There were lots of fun things that I enjoyed, but the bad / stress / lack of sleep took its toll.
Friday was a long day at work. I had a headache all day and it was just long.
Saturday morning we got up at 4:00 a.m. to drive 3.5 hours to help our friends move into a new place. They weren't exactly ready to be moved. We moved them anyway and left at 2:00 p.m. to drive 5.5 hours to Asheville. Chris had a paper that he had to email in so we did that, ate dinner with my parents and headed over to his parents house.
Chris' brother is a Marine. Chris' brother had friends over and they were playing "war games" with air soft pellet guns. I've been hit with these and while they sting, it's not that bad if it isn't bare skin. Chris decided to play and was going to team up with his brother and "get" everybody else. He put on his dark clothing, painted his face and put on sunglasses to protect his eyes. He turned off the porch light, walked out onto the front porch - he was unarmed at this point because there weren't enough guns - and realized he couldn't see so he lifted the sunglasses off to put on the clear goggles and got shot in the eyelid. Right where his eyelashes are. He was outside for 30 seconds and his game was over. He came inside and it started swelling, after much deliberation we went to the ER and the doc said everything was fine. They did a bunch of tests and it was OK, no real damage done to the eyeball. At 3:30 a.m., I finally got to bed. Chris now has a gorgeous bruise on his eyelid that looks like he got into my MAC eyeshadow.
On Sunday we went to church and to the Community Band concert where Chris, his brother, his mom, and my brother all played in the band directed by Chris' dad. It was an awesome concert. We went back to my parents house for a cookout to meet Adams new girlfriend and discovered that Domino had welts all over his hind end. It looked like he'd sat in an ant hill. I gave him benedryl and he played and seemed fine. At 10 that night I gave him another benedryl because it was bed time. That second one made him crazy. He nipped at the blanket on the bed and couldn't sleep. So, I was up all night with a dog that didn't get comfortable or fall asleep until 8:30 this morning. I couldn't sleep because he was laying next to me, walking over me, laying on the other side of me, sitting up looking at me, nuzzling my arm, walking back over me, laying down under the covers, stepping on my legs and nudging my shoulder. For 8 hours.
Today was much better. I got some great yarn at a great price for a shawl I want to knit. Got to spend some fun time with my mom smelling and petting yarns. I fell in love with a novelty yarn called Bliss that is so soft. Mom told Chris that I was going to put it in my bra so I could pet it. I think I just might knit me a pair of panties. I also got a late B-day present, a knitting needle holder case thingy from my Mom. I can't wait to organize it! I also realized today that I have a "stash". That just puts me one step closer to two of my knitting idols - Crazy Aunt Purl and The Yarn Harlot.
I'm going to bed now to catch up on sleep from my long weekend. The sad part? I didn't even drink one drop of alcohol and I still need some recovery time.
Remind me to tell you how I managed to sound and possibly look like a 70 year old woman in the ER. It's much more amusing that my entire weekend.
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jeez, 30 seconds of war play time? Well, you could always make up his other eye and just tell everyone that he lost a bet.
And, your dog is worse than a baby. For real. Mainly because they don't usually step on you when they're not well and awake.
And there's nothing wrong with a yarn stash. Though, mine is much tinier than it usually has been in the past.
Post a Comment