On Monday night we ventured out with friends to celebrate the last day of finals. The place we planned on going was having a private party so we modified our plans and went to a new place and hung out there for a while and then decided to hit this place called Squeeze because they have the best bartenders and martinis you could ask for. It's non-smoking and a real chill atmosphere. We weren't sure if it was open on Mondays so we figured we'd call and since we didn't have a phone book I dialed 411. The conversation with the automated woman went something like this:
Automated Woman (AW): City and State please.
K: Place I live*.
AW: Is this a business, government or personal listing?
K: Business
AW: What listing?
**at this point Chris chooses to pinch my butt an my response reflects it in the raising of my voice causing much laughter**
K: Squeeeeze
AW: I'm sorry I didn't get that. What listing?
K: (without the butt squeeze but now with giggles) Squeeze
AW: I think you said Piggly Wiggly. Is that correct?
K: No!
To group: Oh my gosh ya'll it thought I said Piggly Wiggly! How does Sqeeze sound like Piggly Wiggly? Stupid thing.
AW: What listing?
K: (firmly with no giggles) Squeeze.
AW: Did you say Piggly Wiggly?
K: No!
To group: Again it thinks I said Piggly Wiggly? Ya'll just want to go get a box of wine from Piggly Wiggly? Because apparently that's where 411 thinks we need to go.
AW: Please hold while I connect you to an operator.
K: (passing phone off to B) Here, you talk to them!
So we did make it to Squeeze and the live operator understood what B was saying although he did have to spell it which was funny in and of itself. Thank goodness there was a chocolate, mocha, martini concoction for me in the end.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment