I don't often recall my dreams but I know that they are often vivid and feel so real that I will wake up with a physical reaction - squirming, sweating, tired. Last night I had a dream and was conscious of the dream and started analyzing it in my sleep. This happens with me a lot. My subconscious and conscious brain meet and meld and I have actual thoughts and can change the course of the dream mid dream. Often with recurring dreams (which I have often and have since childhood) I will be in the heat of something scary, stressful or whatever and something inside my brain will go "You know how this ends, it's OK...get over it."
Yeah, I know that some psychologist out there would have a blast with me and my dreams and my constant running monologue. If I lose something I will sometimes dream where it is and find it there the next morning. I wish I knew better how to tap into this gift. If a gift is what you'd call it.
Anyway, last nights dream really hit home with something I've been dealing with internally for a while now. In last nights dream I was floating in a huge lake - right smack dab in the middle and I was swimming and playing with these little fish and I went to leave the center float and somebody (a male figure - Chris? Dad?) warned me about the big fish. I was immediately terrified of being eaten by the bigger fish that I wasn't big enough to not be eaten. I stuck to the floats like glue and arranged myself on 3 floating chairs (I don't know) and watched the smaller fish get eaten below me - terrified to get back full in the water. The rational part of me was screaming "You are not a tiny fish! Just swim already!" The dream ended with me falling into the water and a huge fish starting to swallow me.
I know the analysis that started in my brain mid dream and I agree with that analysis now, but I wonder...what do you think it means?
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment