Saturday, January 05, 2008

Reflecting on 2007...

I know I'm a little late for reflections and a lot slack on the posting, but I've had big things going on in my life, as in my entire life has changed and I'm still trying to figure out how to bounce back. I've commented here before about how I like to try one new thing every year. In January 2007 I made skiing my adventure of choice, then in February I got pregnant. I like to think I reached that goal. Motherhood has been the biggest adventure of my life and we're only 10 weeks in. I'm scared of 2008. I'm scared of the bigger changes that are coming for me and my family and how we'll handle them. I know that when it's all said and done that I'll look back and it will have been easier than I dreaded, but right now I dread. I dread moving 8 hours away from Madelyn's grandparents, I dread moving with a baby, I dread moving again in 7 months, I dread finding new friends and then saying goodbye to those new friends as we move. I'm not usually a doom and gloom person, but everytime I look at my daughter and she smiles or laughs I am sad that her grandparents aren't there to share it...I'm even more sad when her daddy misses it. I'm a worrier and I battle anxiety a lot so my goal for 2008 is to go with the flow a little better and not focus so much on what we don't have but on what we do have. This isn't anything new for me, but I think that moving twice in one year will satisfy my something new for 2008.

No comments: