Today was mine and Madelyns very first time in Washington DC, it was cold, it was windy and people were rude. All people except the three young middle eastern men at the condiment counter, they were very polite.
Oh and guess what?! There's a lot of walking. A Lot. My butt hurts I walked so much. My butt was cold. My butt was so cold I put it under a hand drier to warm it up. It didn't work.
Some highlights:
Madelyn showed her butt (literally) at the base of the Washington Monument as I changed her diaper in her stroller while Mom, Dad and Chris provided cover. What? Sometimes you have to improvise.
Madelyn then ate dinner at the base of the Lincoln memorial.
We saw an albino squirrel hopping around in the grass.
The mounted patrol had absolutely gorgeous horses. Very large, beautiful horses.
I had to get rude with people on an elevator in the museum because they wanted to go down but got on the eleveator going up and then blocked us on as we wanted to be on the 2nd floor. Not only did they block us in, but they got off the elevator, realized they had gone up (the motion of the elevator didn't tip them off to where they were going) and loaded back onto the elevator before we could even move!
Conversations:
At the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History -
"To summarize what I have seen...old ass shit. I am sorry I am not interested in fossilized fish poop."
At dinner after dipping a tortilla chip in a cup of broccoli cheddar soup -
"I think I just invented a new dish!"
"Yes honey, nobody ever thought to put cheese on chips."
No comments:
Post a Comment