No, it's not still raining. As a matter of fact somewhere in the week autumn hit and it hit hard. Domino didn't want to go outside yesterday for fear of freezing his little weenie off. OK, it wasn't quite freezing, but it was much cooler than the 90 degree weather we've been having.
ON Friday my brother in law graduated Marine Corps boot camp. The whole family went out to show their support and pride in this milestone in his life. He is going to play in one of the bands for the Marine Corps, we don't know where yet, he'll find out once he completes the required schools. Anyway, C and I got up at the butt crack of dawn (after I was up late making 11 pounds of potato salad, patting out 15 hamburgers and cleaning up the house to prepare for said supportive family), and drove down to Parris Island, SC. We parked and walked to the parade deck and found his family and joined them on the bleachers. We chatted, laughed about how when C graduated his mom took pictures of the wrong person (they all look the same in uniform), and waited for the ceremony to begin. There had been a similar ceremony the day before and his parents knew where B was standing so we knew where to look for him. They stand in groups (which have a real fancy military name and all, but hell if I can ever remember what term is for what) in straight lines. So, we found him. Third row from the left, in the very back. We took pictures and then they marched by the crowd and Commanding Officer for what's called Pass and Review. I focused in on B and snap snap sn...oh wait...that's not him. Yeah, you guessed it. We had been taking pictures of the wrong one AGAIN. My MIL and I started laughing about this and quickly found him (because C knew exactly where he was and had just let us take pictures of the wrong person for fun) and then the entire crowd around us started second guessing if they had really been looking at the right person. It was very entertaining. I think I will have to go to more graduations and start the crowd going on wether or not they are actually looking at the right person. Hahaha.
After graduation, the whole family came back to our house to have a cookout/party. C and B were in the same uniform and with the exception of C's more stripes and more ribbons/medals, they look the same. Way too similar, so similar that it is a good thing I wasn't in a butt grabbing, boob flashing mood that evening because if that had been the case, you may have seen me on Jerry Springer: I thought my brother in law was my husband and I molested him while my inlaws slept in the next room. No, really, several times I walked into the room and thought B was C or vice versa. Great fun. It made for a confusing time, especially once the alcohols got invited into the party.
Oh, and does anybody want some extra potato salad? There's at least 5lbs left and I'm sick of it. I must learn to do things on a smaller scale, but I have this fear of people being at my house and being hungry.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment