Thursday, February 02, 2006

my dog hates me

He does. He pretends he likes me and sure he will drape his body over me whenever I'm in bed and Chris is gone. Chris says its to protect me, I think it's to help hold me down so that I'm easier to subdue or KILL. He curls up next to me in the bed more, but this also serves a double purpose. The other sleeper in the bed can be a thrasher and is completely unaware of the little dog sleeping next to him, or the grown woman for that matter, I have woken many a time to an arm across my face, so sleeping next to me is safer and I offer a little protection. The second purpose of sleeping next to/on me is to kill me. When I'm sleeping I roll over, and when I do that frees up about 2 inches of space while I'm moving. Two inches that is immediately filled with dog. I don't push him out of the way, I give him the space because I want nothing more than for the dog to love me. Eventually I end up with about 6 inches of a queen size bed. The dog is trying to kill me by pushing me out of the bed and making me hit my head on the night stand. I know that this is his motive. Yes, a 20lb dog can push me out of the bed and kill me.

He kisses Chris and nips at me. He listens to Chris and ignores me. However, he will not steal food out of my hand or off my plate which he will do with Chris. Does this say something about my eating habits or the fact that he obeys me? He probably just thinks my food is contaminated with evil.

The only time he loves me is when I pull out his harness because I'm the one who "dresses" him and takes him on walks or takes him places. I'm also the one that has cooked him chicken and rice when his tummy was upset and I'm the one that comforted him the other night when there was a storm, but last night when Chris and I got home at the same time, I let him out and he ran straight past me and to Chris, without even stopping to pee.

See, he hates me.

2 comments:

hazel said...

oh god, the bed. it's a source of frustration for you too?

maybe you can bargain with your dog. you know, try to smooth everything out. at its best, you and the dog can cohabitate without fear of death. at its worst, you can hopefully get a glimpse inside the dog's head and see how far he'll really go to kill you.

Madame D said...

You are the master in this situation.
I love dogs, but I also make them obey me, mainly because nothing else in life does.
Maybe this is why I have a child and like cats...
I think I have to go mull over my complexes now.
But, I am the only one who got all 6 of my dad's "leash" dogs to walk without tangling their 8 foot leashes.