Thursday, April 27, 2006

validation

"Wow, that thing really looks like a sock!"

Folks, I'm knitting again and it's with so much renewed enthusiasm that I know for a fact it must by my age. Seriously. I turn 27 and all of the sudden I can knit something that resembles a sock without having to frog or tink it once*. Fantastic. For the record, I haven't gotten to the heel or toe yet, but I'm pretty sure I can handle it. Bring it. I also have lots of stuff in the plans for Christmas. Yeah, Christmas. Again with the age. I don't usually think about Christmas until December 15 or so. I even bought the yarn for one Christmas gift and can't wait to start it. Seriously somebody please stop me. I'm addicted to knitting. Do you think I could write a book about knitting rehab and call it A Million Little Purls? Because I have knitting in the living room, and some more in the bedroom for lounging - you know, brainless knitting - and a purse I need to finish that I am re-thinking the design on (yeah, again another sign of being old. I'm re-thinking which implies that I thought in the first place about a pattern/design for a purse that is KNITTED). I think about my knitting all day long, and what new stuff I can knit and what I want to knit and why can't I knit two things at once and how much longer until I'm to a new part of the knitting? Whew...I'm one stitch away from starting a toilet paper coozie in pastels or bright red.

Please send help...and maybe yarn w/ needles and cute patterns.

1 comment:

Madame D said...

Ah, the knitting virus strikes again.
I recently made a sock.
My first. I found an okay pattern that I could actually do.
Now, I'm halfway through number 2...must get back to it...