Monday, July 03, 2006

Owning It

There comes a point in every person's life where you must own something. As in, make it yours even though you really don't want it. K calls it "Breezy Elegance", I call it funny as hell - even though my favorite black shoes totally betrayed me.

Here's the scene. Friday night bachelorette party. We've been to dinner where we totally got hooked up on the drinks, then to a club where we once again were hooked up with the drinks and did some dancing. Then we head over to our other "regular" club. I'm not a huge fan of this place because it's always so packed and is a total meat market and quite trashy, but they have good music, good drinks and we know so many people that work there that we don't pay. We also usually get to head into VIP and party away from the crowd. We're going to call this place Trashy Bar.

OK, so we walk into Trashy Bar and my friend and I hit the little girls room because I broke the seal at dinner and I am having to go every 15 minutes. When we walk out there's a good song on so we go to the dance floor and dance on the edge of the crowd. The dance floor opens up a little, and I'm all "Let's go in the middle a little more" so we start dance walking our way over there. Just shaking my ass doing a little moving and bam my favorite going out black shoes betray me. They won't hang on to the floor. I do a couple "saving the slip" dance moves* and think I've got it saved and then POW, wait no...SPLAT, or maybe BAM. No, it was SPLAT then BAM because I'm 98% sure there was a bounce. No, I didn't catch myself at all with my hands. I just went down on my shoulder and my face. Oh yes, my face. I have the bruised eye to prove it.

I was super embarrassed and ready to leave, and I don't embarrass easily. I took off my name tag because I was certain that people wouldn't recognize me without my name tag and I could just another face in the crowd. I swore my friend who was laughing hysterically to silence and headed back out.

10 minutes later I owned it. 10 minutes later it was hilarious. 10 minutes later I was telling everybody I knew because it was that funny. My eye is still bruised and a little tender and my shoulder hurts like a bitch. It was a very funny start to what turned into an absolutely fabulous weekend. A weekend that summers are supposed to be.

For the record. I partied 3, count them THREE nights in a row and I am so hungover I can't stand it.

WOOHOO!

*flailing my arms and legs around maniacally. It was sexy. shutup.

3 comments:

PreppyGirl said...

This is hysterical. Good times!

Anonymous said...

good site

Anonymous said...

nise site